The progressive Pullen Memorial Baptist Church in Raleigh, North Carolina, has said it will not be holding marriages for anyone until the state legalises same-sex unions. http://tinyurl.com/cb2fevr
A small Pike County church has voted not to accept interracial couples as members or let them take part in some worship activities. http://tinyurl.com/curc5wq
I don’t know if you guys feel this way too, but don’t you guys think that all churches should have similar values and beliefs?
Sometimes when society takes a little step forward, someone always decides to take a little step back…
Here’s a little info about the Pullen Memorial Baptist Church:
- The PMB Church currently has a lesbian minister, the first church in southern USA to have an open homosexual as a lead clergy. They were expelled from the Southern Baptist Convention because of this.
- PMBC was also one of the first churches to allow African-Americans into their congregations in 1958, a time when many charges still practiced racial segregation.
- Took a stand against the death penalty in North Carolina
- Opposed the Nuclear Arms Race
- Spoke out against the war in Iraq